Hospitalist Jobs in Minnesota
Saturday · February 22, 2020
1 Job in The Land of 10,000 Lakes
Photo: South Temperance Lake near the Boundary Waters Canoe area.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Princeton) is a multispecialty group practice.
- Although a part of the fastest-growing region of state, Princeton and surrounding communities have retained their hometown charm, commitment to educational excellence and economic vitality as they meld the very best of city and country living.
- Average number of surgical cases annually: 3,100.
- Anticipated work schedule: variable 4 week rotation, may alternate between day shifts, swing/evening shifts and possibly overnight shifts (all local on-site overnight shifts are presently covered by one nocturnist in the group) and includes weekends and Holidays.
- Typical day shift workload will include discharges, rounding, consultation for co-management of surgical patients as requested, and early day admits.
- Initial market competitive salary guarantee with additional earning potential.
- Admit approximately 3-6 patients per swing and overnight shift for FV Northland.
- Excellent supportive team.
- Collaborate with TeleICU Critical Care physicians (located at Fairview Southdale hospital), and local ER Physician who is present on-site 24 hours/day.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Physician is expected to be competent in management of inpatients including children, healthy newborns, adults and co-management of critically ill adults with an off-site Intensivist using telemedicine.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
- Fairview Northland Medical Center is a 54-bed licensed facility offering a full range of primary and specialty care services to the 100,000+ population of Princeton, Minnesota and surrounding communities.
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
- M Health Fairview Northland Medical Center - Princeton, MN (1 hr north of Minneapolis/St.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Sign-on bonus.
- Graduate of an accredited Acgme Internal Medicine-Pediatrics or Family Medicine residency training program.
- APPs work an overlapping shift with day and swing shift Physician to cover the hospitalist service.
- Princeton, Minnesota is known for its stately white pines, history of industry and commitment to innovation.
- Fairview Northland Medical Center Hospitalist Team, which currently consists of three physicians and two advanced practice providers (APPs), seeks a BC/BE Med/Peds or Family Medicine Physician to join their Hospitalist team.
- Located just one hour north of the Twin Cities, and one hour south of some of the state's finest lakes and recreation areas-it is now at the expanding edge of the metropolitan area.
- Hospitalists round on inpatients and patients on Observation status, provide consult services to Surgical colleagues in the hospital and take un-assigned patients from the Emergency Room.
- The Twin Cities offers affordable living, international airport, exceptional educational systems, theater, museums, family entertainment, the great outdoors, unique shopping, and a variety of sporting events..
- Overnight in-house provider also covers Fairview Lakes hospital by Telemedicine (for overnight admits and cross-cover) and provides telephone coverage for calls from Nursing home nurses for Nursing home residents who are covered by Fairview Geriatric services.
- Typical swing shift and night shift workload will include admits, cross-cover, and occasional late day discharges.
- Outpatient specialties include: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Podiatry, Sports Medicine, General Surgery, Cardiology, Allergy, ENT, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Neurology, OB/Gyn, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Pulmonology, Urology.
- Board Certified/Board Prepared with the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association.
- Current average hospitalist census: 13 per day (expected to grow).
- Once Again Ranked ONE OF Ameria'S TOP 100 Community Hospitals!
- Patients consist of 90% adults, 10% pediatrics (about 100-120 pediatric hospitalizations per year).
- Schedule is subject to change over time.
- Number of deliveries annually: 530.
- Average number of Emergency Department visits annually: 18,000.
- We have a fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (Epic).
- Community supported hospital, with resources of a large organization.
This perm job from Fairview Health Services was last open on Dec 26.